Tips for a great headshot
1. Wear solid colours, avoid patterns and specially thin stripes. White, gray, black, blue and red are very flattering.
2. Bring a couple of tops or jackets you can easily change, example a black camisole with a white blouse and jacket – you can mix around.
3. For women, natural makeup but highlight eyes with mascara and eyeliner, keep shades neutral. Do wear blush and lipstick for definition. For men, chapstick if you have dry lips and a tissue if you have oily skin.
4. Hair, natural, nothing too elaborate.
You are in good hands I promise to watch out for the good angles and no double chins.
What a great headshot is used for:
Now a days, a linkedin profile with a professional headshot is a must.
Having a picture with someone you cropped off is the lazy headshot. You can take a look at my profile here, I am selling glamour but I am not looking to work in a serious company so I can get away with it. My day job profile on the other hand is all friendly and smiley. Yes I have two profiles, my real one and my glamorous alter ego. But it is a good example of what you want to portray. Serious and professional? Friendly? Creative? This is one of your first impressions HR people are going to hav of you, make it a good one.
* 45 minute session *2 top changes (one formal one casual) * 5 retouched high resolution files via ftp link * choose from 20
Business Headshot Package / per hour max. 6 people
* 5 retouched high resolution files via private ftp link per person * Travel to a downton location included
* Travel to location outside of Toronto downtown or beaches $50 extra * Gift certificates available in any nomination